Sr Front End Developer
- You're a true professional who loves what you're doing;
- You have a chronic thirst for knowledge and want to be a leading force in your field;
- You have 3+ years of work experience in a similar role;
- You are fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You play well with others but are just as comfortable working on your own if needed;
- You understand the choices you make in your work can help shape the world around you.
As a front-end developer, you will be working in multidisciplinary teams building web apps. You will be involved in all steps of the process, from early ideation to release and beyond.
Most important skills
You should have strong knowledge within:
You ship well structured, sustainable, performant and semantic front-end code. Learn more in our front end manual and js-utils library.
- React and the use of React Hooks
- Integrating front-end code into backend frameworks
- Node & NPM as a supportive technology for front-end development
Additional required skills
You don’t have to be a full-fledged expert within all of these from day one. However, you’ll likely work with all of these technologies regularly, so if you don’t already master them, then you’ll have to level them up.
The front-end code in basically all of our projects depend on one or more API:s. You should know how to read API documentation to be able to use them in your work.
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
From a front-end perspective.
- WordPress Headless
We only use WordPress as a headless CMS.
Take a look at our Gatsby starter to learn more about how we use it: oddcamp/gatsby-starter-kollegorna
- Front-end performance, accessibility, and security.
Our SASS utils: oddcamp/sass-utils
Familiarity and experience with any of these fields is a major bonus:
Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar.
- UX / UI design
You understand how to collaborate with designers to create outstanding user experiences.
- Project management
Managing clients as well as team members.
- Help and teach others
You know how to pass on your knowledge to other members of the team or to clients.
Tell us more
We’d be happy to hear about your…
- Open source projects and contributions
- Personal projects
- Experience from business and management tools such as Trello, Basecamp, Harvest
- Hobbies & Interests
What it’s like to work here
TLDR; We have nice perks, exciting projects for interesting clients, and won’t work you to death.
- You have big opportunities to influence your job and how we work.
- You’ll enjoy a creative and smooth work environment.
- We’re the best colleagues.
- Remote work = OK. We have our HQ in Stockholm but you’re free to work from wherever you want within the Milky Way.
- Because we’re an international team, English is the lingua franca internally. We also speak Swedish, Portuguese, Korean, Slovak, Bulgarian, Spanish, and Lithuanian…
- We’re a team - leave no colleague behind! We try to avoid projects where you’d end up on a long-term contract on your own.
- 25 days of paid vacation every year.
- Personal Development Days – Every other Friday, we step away from client work and choose something else that will boost our skills and expertise.
- Company Development Days – When we feel it’s necessary to learn new things that require more time than one day every other week, we take time off to do that. How often and how long varies.
- Overtime is our enemy and should not exist. You work 9-5, 8–4, 10–6, or whatever suits you. If you can’t stop building stuff, then go do good deeds in open source!
- Workload: Every year has 224–229 workdays, depending on what days the Swedish national holidays occur. Out of these, approx 170 will be spent on client work since the following days are excluded: 25 vacation days, 22 personal development days, and 5–10 days conference/training days.
- Health/fitness benefits, 3000 SEK/year, insurance, doctors’ appointments during work. Staying healthy is vital to do a good day’s work.
- Pension savings following Swedish standards ITP1/ITP2. This amounts to 4,5% of your monthly salary.
- Company trips. We love traveling the world and make sure to go somewhere on at least two company-wide trips per year.
- Education budget. 4000 SEK/year to spend on stuff that makes you a better designer or developer. Upgrade your GitHub account? Play around with a VPS on DigitalOcean? Pro account on CodePen? Fill your ebook reader with an unhealthy amount of ebooks? It’s your choice.
- Your own stapler. To avoid fires.
- You’ll get a Macbook Pro or whatever computer you prefer that runs OS X or Linux.
Apply for this position
Recruiters: We're not interested in suggestions or recommendations for this position. Thank you.
Agencies: This is a full-time employment opportunity only. We’re not interested in collaborations at this point.
Back to Careers